Michelle Baker and Tristan
- Flordeliza Mahilum is featured in this article in the Star-Ledger out of New Jersey about free makeovers for cancer patients. Flordeliza is a breast cancer survivor who appreciated the new look for her return back to work as an RT at Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston.
- Jack Dale is pictured in this article in the Chillicothe, MO, Constitution Tribune about a $4 million gift received by the heart institute at his hospital.
- Jeff Elsberry comments on the expansion of his RT program to the baccalaureate level in this article in the Naples, FL, Daily News.
- Kenneth Capek provides great information about carbon monoxide poisoning in this article on 201health.net, explaining symptoms, causes, what to do if you suspect you have been exposed, how the condition is treated, and how to prevent it.
- Virginia Forster comments in this article in the Delmarva, MD, Daily Record about new simulation equipment and increased work space at her college, noting now her students are “able to see the equipment in the lab and work with it before they see it in the clinical area.”
- Diane Rhodes weighs in on ozone and its effects on the respiratory system in this article in the San Antonio, TX, Current. (Read more about Diane and her unique role in the North East Independent School District in your April issue of AARC Times.)
- Michelle Baker writes about a friend who is battling cancer in this article in the Mansfield, OH, News Journal. “I am humbled by the way she balances her faith and hope for a cure with her desire to not waste a single day,” she notes in the story.
- Leigh Harrington is pictured in this article in the Wenatchee, WA, World about a new computer system for patient records at her hospital.
- Quincy Futrell is featured for his perseverance in becoming an RT in this article in the Natchez, MS, Democrat. His former instructor, Walt Wilson, says despite falling behind in the program, Quincy was determined to finish, and once he got his second chance, there was no stopping him. “He came back with a vengeance and blew us out of the water,” Walt was quoted as saying.
And these are the latest facilities to earn press coverage for receiving the AARC’s Quality Respiratory Care Recognition—
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center and Cape Fear Hospital in this articlein the Star News out of Wilmington, NC.