- Anne Hamilton is noted for winning one of the AARC’s Specialty Practitioner of the Year awards in this article on MLive.com out of Michigan.
- Nick Orosz is featured for helping patients with a special cold air mask in this article in the Cleveland, OH, Plain Dealer.
- Rudy Daisey is noted for participating in a local Heart Fair in this article in the Delmarva Daily Times out of Delaware.
- Kathy Carr is pictured in this article in the Wilkes Barre, PA, Times-Leader about group that donated stuffed animals to patients over the holidays.
- Michigan State Representative Dian Slavens supports an end to lifetime benefits for state legislators in this article in the Journal Newspapers.
- Ronnie Sloan is noted as a health system vice president in this article in the Asheville, NC, Citizen-Times.
- Diana Mark explains how she suctions babies with on RSV in this article and video on the ABC-TV affiliate web site out of Kansas. "We take a small tube and go down through their nose to the back of their throat," she was quoted as saying. "Parents are very shocked by what we can pull out of these babies." Diana and her colleague, Debbie Fox, discuss RSV in this article in the Wichita, KS, Eagle as well.
- Dan Cleveland’s musical career is highlighted in this article in the Syracuse, NY, New Times. (We’ll have more on Dan’s talents in an upcoming issue of AARC Times.)
- Rajean Backman is noted for presenting a respiratory program at a local elementary school in this article in the Bismarck, ND, Tribune.
- Robert Sullivan comments on a recently published study on the dangers of third hand smoke in this article on Examiner.com. “Anywhere they smoke, the toxins from the cigarette will remain,” he was quoted as saying.
- Karen Schell and Sharon Williams receive kudos for being named Employees of the Year at their hospital in this article in the Emporia, KS, Gazette.
- Diane Rhodes is noted for presenting at the National Conference on Education in this article on the American Association of School Administrators web site. Diane runs a unique asthma program for a school district in San Antonio, TX, and will share her experiences in the May issue of AARC Times.
- Carlos Heymann shares the experiences he had while traveling to Haiti with a DMAT in this article in the Ipswich, MA, Chronicle. For more on how other AARC members have been involved in Haiti, read our story on the AARC web site.
- John Kalynovych talks about the great support his hospital gives RTs in this article and video in the Summit Patch out of New Jersey about the hospital system’s inclusion on Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For list. "When I first started, I didn't think I'd climb the ladder at all," John was quoted as saying. "I found out there are different branches in respiratory like pulmonary function, bronchoscopy, pulmonary rehabilitation. They were very willing to train me show me the ropes and what goes on."
And these hospitals have all received great press for earning the AARC’s QRCR designation:
- Lehigh Regional Medical Center in this article in the Lehigh Acres, FL, Citizen.
- Dabe Medical in this article in the Cincinnati, OH, Enquirer.
- Marietta Memorial Hospital in this article in the Marietta, OH, Register.
- South Shore Hospital in this article in the Weymouth, MA, News.
- Evangelical Community Hospital in this article on NorthcentralPA.com.
- Galion Community Hospital in this article in the Galion, OH, Inquirer.
- Georgetown Memorial Hospital in this articleon the NBC-TV affiliate web site out of Georgetown, SC.