CRCE: 3 hours | Cost: $25 for AARC members, $50 for non-members
Sponsored in part by an unrestricted educational grant from Alpha-1 Foundation
This course was developed at the request of our membership and is presented by a group of physicians who are internationally recognized in the identification and management of Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency. This course is presented by the American Association for Respiratory Care and sponsored in part by an unrestricted educational grant from the Alpha-1 Foundation.
- Pathobiology of Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Clinical Manifestations of Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Epidemiology and Detection of Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Optimal Management of Stable COPD
- Augmentation Therapy for Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Emerging Therapies for AATD and the Role of the RT in Diagnosis and Treatment
- Charlie Strange, MD
- James K Stoller, MD MS FAARC
- Robert Sandhaus, MD PhD
When you register for this course, your email address will also be provided to the Alpha-1 Foundation for follow-up. The AARC will be in contact with you in the future to ask you to take a brief online survey to find out how many COPD patients you identified to consider enrolling in an Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Coding Trial.
Conflict of Interest/Commercial Support Statement
None of the planners, faculty or their spouses has any relationships with pharmaceutical companies, biomedical device manufacturers and/or corporations whose products or services are related to pertinent therapeutic areas. Off-label: (using products for a purpose other than that for which it was approved by the Food and Drug Administration) use will not be discussed in this course. This educational activity has not received commercial support.