AARC Speaker’s Academy
In 2011, more than 30 first-time speakers presented at AARC Congress. That number grew to more than 50 in 2012. Much of this was attributed to the AARC’s Speaker’s Academy, a venue created to identify a new pool of up-and-coming presenters for AARC Congress. After a brief two-year hiatus, the AARC Program Committee is happy to announce that once again, they will be holding open auditions for new speakers at this year’s International Respiratory Convention & Exhibition, November 16–19 in Anaheim, California. Rules to become a Lecture Lab contestant are very simple:
- Applicants must be AARC members and must have never lectured at the AARC Congress.
- Accepted applicants will be given up to 10 minutes to present a shortened version of their full 30-minute presentation.
- Each presentation must consist of an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- PowerPoint slides must be utilized as part of the presentation.
- Experienced speakers will serve as audition judges.
- Presenters will be graded on appeal of topic, knowledge of content, quality of visual aids, delivery of lecture, and adherence to the 10-minute time limit. Important: Note: Presenters must disclose any real or perceived conflict of interest. Presentation must be free of commercial bias.
- Selected presenters and their lectures will be invited to present at AARC Congress 2014 in Las Vegas, NV. Note: Presentation must be the same topic presented at the audition. Presenters will receive complimentary registration for AARC Congress 2014.
Please fill out and submit the form below by Friday, October 4, 2013.