Ensure Your Clinical Preceptor Program Meets Today’s Standards
This new course from the AARC has everything you need as a Respiratory Care Manager or Department Educator to provide standardized training for your hospital’s preceptor staff.
You’ll have 365 days of access to:
- Four online modules addressing adult learning, understanding the learning context, the challenging trainee, and handling feedback
- Four online instructional videos with additional scenario videos containing multiple examples of effective and ineffective preceptor behaviors
- 2 online videos demonstrating student performance for standardizing preceptor evaluation
- Downloadable workbooks and handouts for preceptors
- Downloadable course management documents for Respiratory Manager/Department Educator
Deliver the training one-on-one, in a group setting, or both—you decide.
Authored by faculty from The Ohio State University, this course correlates with the CoARC standards for inter-rater reliability. You will also have the opportunity to participate in IRR research with OSU faculty.
Successful completion of course (video and workbook) and testing earns 2 CRCE® credits.
|AARC Member Price||$199|
Download FormAcademic programs and respiratory care departments may download a registration form to register for the course.
View CourseCourse Administrators and Preceptors sign in here to view the course.
View Introductory VideoWatch a short introductory video about the course.
It is the position of the CoARC that the AARC’s Practices of Effective Preceptors (PEP) program can be integrated in a meaningful fashion to meet CoARC Standard 3.07, but the program does not, by itself, meet the Standard exclusively. Questions regarding compliance with CoARC Standard 3.07 should be addressed to Tom Smalling, CoARC Executive Director.