Respiratory Therapist Jobs
The AARC Job Board is your best resource for respiratory therapist jobs and qualified candidates within the respiratory care industry.
Respiratory Therapist and Pulmonary Function TechnologistBurlington
University of Vermont Medical Center, Vermont’s academic medical center and founding member of the University of Vermont Health Network, seeks Respiratory Therapists and Pulmonary Function Technologists. Full-time, part-time and per diem positions available.
The University of Vermont Medical Center is located in Burlington, Vermont, a small vibrant city situated on the shore of beautiful Lake Champlain. The Champlain Valley region offers an incredible range of educational, entertainment, and recreational opportunities.
Provides professional respiratory care to patients in varying states of health and illness by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the plan of care. The Level II Therapist provides and oversees delivery of patient care for a minimum of two ICU populations and all patients requiring respiratory care on the general floors, including adult, pediatric, and cystic fibrosis patients. The Therapist must be able to physically respond quickly to any emergent situation and be able to endure repetitive physical movement. This position requires the ability to remain standing for the majority of the shift and serves patients over a wide variety of areas. The Level II therapist is expected to take Charge regularly.
Graduate of an CoARC approved program for Respiratory Care. Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in the state of Vermont. Registered Respiratory Therapist by the NBRC within one year of hire date. Current BLS & ACLS. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Minimum of one-year experience
As an academic medical center dedicated to being in service to the patient, community and medicine, The University of Vermont Medical Center (www.UVMhealth.org/MedCenter) seeks to improve the health of the people in the communities it serves by integrating patient care, education and research in a caring environment. The University of Vermont Medical Center also serves as a regional referral center – providing advanced care to approximately one million people in Vermont and northern New York.
The University of Vermont Medical Center has a medical staff of nearly 800 physicians, including more than 500 University of Vermont Medical Group physicians (jointly employed by the Medical Center and the UVM College of Medicine); and approximately 200 community-based physicians.
In 2011, The University of Vermont Health Network was established to develop a more coordinated system of care throughout Vermont and Northern New York. Currently, there are four hospitals in the system, with two in Vermont and two in New York.
From the sophistication of its largest city, to the natural beauty found around every bend in the road; from its family friendly atmosphere, to its unlimited recreational opportunities, Vermont offers a quality of life that is second to none.
As one of the country’s most livable small cities, and healthiest, Burlington offers a sophisticated arts scene and countless opportunities to enjoy concerts, galleries, restaurants or nightlife. There is also plenty of kayaking, sailing, ice skating, hiking, skiing, and biking to be enjoyed along Lake Champlain or in the Green Mountains.
For more information on Vermont, visit www.vermont.org.
To apply, please use our online application system at http://bit.ly/2hQBKz4. We offer a comprehensive benefits package. We proudly offer a non-smoking work environment. The UVM Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protective veteran status.
When you put the patient first, everything else will follow.
Clinical Anesthesia Specialist for leading Medical Device Company
Spacelabs Healthcare – travel from SE or Upper MW U.S.
Clinical Anesthesia Specialist
Do you have Medical Device industry experience or Interest in transitioning into a career in the Medical Device industry? We are looking for a RRT interested in training practitioners on Spacelabs equipment.
The Clinical Anesthesia Specialist (CAS) fills a support role vital to the anesthesia business. Working with Field Sales and Service, the CAS provides education and clinical expertise during pre-sale, installation and post-sale activities within the perioperative environment, including OR, pre-op, PACU, Endoscopy suites, OB OR’s, radiology. S/he must be fully competent in the application and operation of all Spacelabs anesthesia delivery and monitoring products, as well as a high level of familiarity with competitive products.
S/he provides excellent customer training on all clinical applications of equipment specific to anesthesia delivery and patient monitoring in the perioperative environment. The CAS performs an essential consultant role early in the installation process to design programs based on assessment, and subsequently develop and drive the installation and education process. The CAS is responsible for the effective management of clinical evaluations and installations.
This position requires 80% travel. You need to live near a primary or secondary airport in the Upper Midwest or Southeast.
- Five years of recent Registered Respiratory Therapist with operating room and ventilation experience.
- Experience in management, clinical education, or as a preceptor preferred.
- Highly developed relationship-building skills, and strong presentation and communication skills.
- Experience working positively and productively in a team environment. Highly collaborative.
- Demonstrated effective presentation skills, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility, autonomy, self-motivation, and a high level of professionalism.
- Consult with the customer during installation and clinical evaluation planning phase to assess practice and process, and to develop education strategy to meet our customers’ unique needs and expectations.
- Work with Field Sales and Service to provide education and clinical expertise during pre-sale, installation and post-sale activities.
- Provide support during clinical evaluation and installation by providing education to customers on clinical application of the products. This clinical support / education to anesthesia providers is predominately in a live clinical (OR) environment.
- Timely input is provided by the CAS to appropriate personnel on product issues, customer feedback and training process / materials.
- Work closely with the Sales/Service/Project Managers/CS Manager to provide critical pre-installation assessment, and to coordinate installation and training events at the assigned customer site.
- Take an active role in the training and development of field sales personnel, including providing feedback and guidance.
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Full-Time, Part-Time, and PRN
Bon Secours is a $3.5 billion not-for-profit Catholic healthcare system. Originally founded in 1824, we have over 23,000 employees offering services across the full continuum of care including Hospitals, Physician Practices, Skilled Nursing Care, Assisted Living, Home Care and Hospice. Bon Secours currently operates in 6 states including Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, New York, South Carolina, and Virginia.
We live by our mission of bringing compassion to healthcare and to be “good help” to those in need! Bon Secours is seeking Registered Respiratory Therapists (RRT) join our team of healthcare professionals. Recognized as a Great Workplace by the Gallup Organization six years in a row, our teams are committed to providing quality service and care. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits, retirement programs, and assistance with continuing education. Visit us online to apply and learn more about our award winning facilities!
- Requires knowledge of anatomy, physiology, microbiology, pulmonary physics, pulmonary pathophysiology, advanced respiratory care, mathematics, blood gas chemistry, pharmacology at a level generally acquired through completion of CoARC approved Respiratory Care program.
- Must maintain current state licensure and RRT certification
- Must maintain current CPR certification.
Apply Today! Visit http://careers.bonsecours.com/careers/
Assistant/Associate Professor, Department of Cardiopulmonary SciencesBirmingham
Samford University’s School of Health Professions invites applicants interested in serving in a Christian university environment to apply for the position of assistant/associate professor in the Department of Cardiopulmonary Sciences. This tenure-track faculty position is a 12-month appointment and will begin in summer 2017.
Qualified candidates will be graduates of a CoARC-accredited respiratory care program and have a minimum of three years of experience as a practicing respiratory therapist. The NBRC registry credential and a current Alabama state respiratory therapy license (or eligibility to obtain a license) are required. In addition, the candidate must have a Ph.D., D.Sc., Sc.D. or other relevant degree. Preference will be given to applicants who have a research doctoral degree (or postgraduate research training), specialty certification (i.e., NBRC, AE-C, RPSGT, CTTS/TTS, CCT) and prior teaching experience in an RC program. The ideal candidate will have clinical expertise in one of the following areas: neonatal, critical care, geriatrics, pulmonary rehabilitation. Experience with online instruction is desirable. A commitment to academic excellence and the ability to work effectively with faculty, students and colleagues is expected. Candidates must be willing to support the Christian mission of Samford University and the College of Health Sciences.
Academic rank, tenure and salary are dependent upon academic qualifications, clinical experiences, previous academic teaching experiences, program management experience and scholarly accomplishments.
The College of Health Sciences is a new and innovative initiative for Samford University. The college includes four schools: Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing, McWhorter School of Pharmacy, School of Health Professions and School of Public Health. The college will offer multiple degree programs and majors within the health sciences with an inter-professional education focus that reflects today’s team approach to health care delivery and professional practice. College faculty will have special opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration.
Samford University is located in Birmingham, Alabama, and is a nationally-recognized academic institution. Samford is ranked 4th in the South among regional universities by U.S. News and World Report and has been nationally-recognized for academics, affordability and value by a number of prestigious publications and rankings. For more information, please visit www.samford.edu.
Review of applications will begin in January 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Forward letter of application, vita, and names of three professional references to:
Jonathan Waugh, Ph.D., RRT, RPFT, FAARC
Professor and Chair, Department of Cardiopulmonary Sciences
800 Lakeshore Drive
Birmingham, AL 35229
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Institution that complies with applicable law prohibiting discrimination in its educational and employment policies and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or national or ethnic origin.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)Phoenix
Maricopa Integrated Health Systems (MIHS)
$21.08 – $31.62 per hour
Maricopa Integrated Health Systems (MIHS) is looking for experienced Registered Respiratory Therapists to join our Respiratory Care Team. You will become part of our Center for Clinical Excellence at Maricopa Medical Center located in sunny Phoenix, Arizona. If you are passionate about caring for people, and like the idea of working in unison with a world class staff and excellent volunteers, we invite you to read on.
We have several Registered Respiratory Therapist positions available ranging in flexibility from full-time and pool positions.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist, under the supervision of the Respiratory Care Services Medical Director and Department Director and/or Manager, the Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing cardiopulmonary services in accordance with specific physician’s orders, department policies and procedures. Must have a wide range of knowledge and skills in order to set-up up, operate, and administer all types of respiratory care procedures in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disease and illness, and includes extensive competency in the use of advanced mechanical ventilation techniques.
- Graduate of a two year CoARC approved Respiratory Therapy Program
- Prefer six months recent work experience
- Must be registered (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) and licensed (or temporary license) by the Arizona Board of Respiratory Care Examiners
- BLS or ACLS
- A card obtained through an approve American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months
- Prefer certification in PALS and NALS
- Knowledge of additional languages is preferred
- Must have the ability to plan, modify and coordinate respiratory care and treatments, observe patients and determine effects of treatments and instruct patients and families in home care
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, in Phoenix, AZ, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That’s the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a 449 bed acute care hospital – the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center– 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- 11 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
Come live these values and enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year
If the title of Registered Respiratory Therapist sounds like a great fit for you, and you love the idea of living where the sun is nearly always shining, we invite you to learn more and visit us at:
Respiratory Care InstructorSan Mateo
Skyline College seeks employees who value working in a collegial, collaborative environment, guided by a commitment to helping all students achieve success. All departments strongly encourage collaboration across disciplines to create integrated, interdisciplinary learning experiences. Skyline faculty are expected to be knowledgeable about, and willing to use, different learning and teaching methods as appropriate to the discipline.
This position will begin Fall 2017.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university plus two years of respiratory care experience OR a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of six years of respiratory care experience AND two years of clinical or accredited respiratory care program teaching experience OR the equivalent (see below)
- Eligible for licensure with the California Respiratory Care Board
- Registered Respiratory Therapist with the National Board for Respiratory Care for a minimum of four years
- Membership in state and national Respiratory Care professional organizations
- Resident of California at time of employment
- Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The screening committee will select for interview candidates from among those applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum requirements, give evidence of any or all of the following:
Subject matter preparation:
- Successful experience in respiratory care with demonstrated clinical and successful teaching experience or preparation to teach.
- Current knowledge of respiratory care in one or more specialty areas: adult critical care, neonatal/pediatric care, advanced respiratory care, case management, research, and/or leadership and management.
Evidence of outstanding ability as a teacher and coordinator:
- In addition to a short classroom lecture or lab demonstration that will be part of the interview process, appropriate evidence includes, but is not limited to, experience, training, or achievement that the candidate has:
- An understanding and commitment to the role and purpose of the community college
- Demonstrated ability to supervise students and work cooperatively with other health care providers and community partners
- Active involvement in professional association(s) related to respiratory therapy
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Acceptance of the division’s commitment to established academic standards
- Knowledge of current theories and teaching methods, especially in a culturally diverse student population
- The ability to support diverse students ensuring equity through their educational experience
- The ability to use medical and computer technologies as they apply to the teaching of respiratory care
- The ability to use and develop teaching methods that emphasize cooperation and collaboration, and engage students actively in learning, encouraging them to become independent, creative learners with higher-order thinking skills
- The ability to organize and explain materials in ways appropriate to students with different abilities, levels of preparation, and cultural experiences
- The ability to develop instructional learning outcomes and to develop methods for assessing students’ achievement of these outcomes
- The ability to organize and teach both theoretical and practical applications of the subject-matter in ways appropriate to students’ abilities
First Review Date: 04/17/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/962317
The San Mateo County Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to employ individuals who represent the rich diversity of cultures, language groups, and abilities of its surrounding communities.
District of Columbia
Pulmonary Diagnostic Respiratory Care Practitioner IIWashington
Children’s National Health System
$4,000.00 Sign-On Bonus
Closed for holidays
Children’s National Health System (CNHS), the largest non-profit medical and research facility in the mid-Atlantic region dedicated exclusively to the care of infants, children, adolescents and young adults, is currently seeking a Pulmonary Diagnostic RCP II.
In this role, you will be responsible for performing the full spectrum of pulmonary function studies; GXT & simple exercise testing; bronchoscopy support; hypox challenge testing; home ventilator evaluation and adjustment; patient education encounters; and other select specialty tests in accordance with ATS standards and hospital policies and procedures.
Our lab supports many research protocols and is part of our CF center team. We provide services throughout Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia.
- Perform full spectrum of pulmonary function studies (spirometry, plethysmography, oximetry), oscillography, metabolic studies, and specialty studies (e.g., hypoxia, hypercapnea, exercise, and metacholine challenge) in accordance with ATS standards and hospital policies and procedures
- Instruct patients/families regarding respiratory-related procedures, home care, and equipment
- Assist with patient data collection and patient flow
- Serve as resource to clinic personnel in respiratory-related matters
The RCP-II will maintain all skills and knowledge sufficient to provide safe, effective, and appropriate care to patients of all ages, including neonates, infants, toddlers, children, adolescents, and adults.
As the nation’s children’s hospital, the mission of Children’s National Health System is to excel in Care, Advocacy, Research, and Education. We accomplish this through:
- Providing a quality health care experience for our patients and families
- Improving health outcomes for children regionally, nationally, and internationally
- Leading the creation of innovative solutions to pediatric health challenges
- RCP license in DC and either MD or VA
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT)
- Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT)
- At least of one year of pulmonary diagnostic lab experience preferred
- Demonstrate competency in acute care delivery prior to completion of initial 90 days
- Ability to problem-solve clinical situations to include patient conditions and needs
- Knowledge of regulatory agency requirements (e.g., JCAHO, DC DOH, HIPAA)
- At least one year of clinical or related healthcare experience acquired via successful clinical education • Pediatric pulmonary testing experience
- PALS certification
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package. For full description and to apply, visit here.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Registered Respiratory TherapistsMiami
Full-Time, Part-Time & Per Diem – 7pm-7am
Baptist Health South Florida is the region’s largest not-for-profit healthcare organization with more than 15,500 employees working across seven hospital campuses and nearly 50 outpatient facilities throughout Miami-Dade, Monroe, Broward, and Palm Beach counties. In 2016 we welcomed the newest weapon in the fight against cancer, the world-class Miami Cancer Institute and proton therapy center.
We continue to invest in our communities and our employees as we widen our impact. We are growing key service areas, enhancing technology and expanding our primary care and outpatient service, all while maintaining high levels of quality patient care and service.
You will provide direct patient care utilizing respiratory techniques, policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure quality and appropriate care for all ages, and effectively communicate with all team members. It is essential you have understanding and knowledge of respiratory medications effects and side effects.
- HS Diploma, Certificate of Attendance, Certificate of Completion, or GE
- Registered Respiratory Therapist in the state of Florida
- BLS Basic Life Support certification
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Associates Degree
- National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) Certification
- ACLS, PALS and/or NRP certification
Everything we do at Baptist Health, we do to the best of our ability. That includes supporting our team with extensive training programs, millions of dollars in tuition assistance, comprehensive benefits and more. Find out why this is the best place to be your best.
Apply online to the position of interest:
Full-Time – Job # S90823
Part-Time – Job #72366
Per Diem – Job #73583
Baptist Health is an EOE. These positions are not open to any third part recruiters, consultants and/or vendors at this time.
Pulmonary Function Technologist in Pharmaceutical Clinical TrialsLenexa
Do you like working in a fast paced, constantly learning environment? Would you like the opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally? Are you interested in being part of making the world a better place through medical innovations?
Vitalograph is proud to offer and excellent opportunity at a rapidly growing company. We are smart casual in dress and work a 36.5 hour week with an hour for lunch. We close at 4:00 PM on Fridays. We are involved in charity drives as well as the Kansas City corporate challenge which we won first place in last year.
With our Headquarters in England and our factory in Ireland we are world leaders in diagnostic pulmonary function testing. We have branch offices in Germany, Hong Kong, Japan and Lenexa Kansas.
Our equipment is sold through a huge distribution network to doctors and hospitals all over the world. The name Vitalograph is synonymous with the Gold standard of diagnostic pulmonary function equipment.
Manufacturing is not all we do.
We also provide state of the art products to pharmaceutical companies (Sponsors) for use in clinical trials. We provide Project management including:
- The customization of software and equipment to meet the Sponsors requirement
- The training of clinical sites and CRA’s at investigator meeting on how to use the equipment according to the protocol
- Oversight of the sites to ensure they have what they need and are doing the testing correctly
- Running reports on the data to give to the Sponsor
- Weekly progress meetings
- Creating study specific manuals and procedures
Due to continued growth of our business within the pharmaceutical clinical trials industry, we are seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and determined person to join our team.
It would be a significant advantage if the Pulmonary Function Technologist were familiar with the way in which clinical trials are run, and with experience of GCP and SOPs. The ability to identify and solve problems quickly, ensure that all aspects of the project are being attended to in a timely fashion, and have the ability to communicate clearly & effectively at different levels. One main criterion of the successful applicant would be the ability to deliver pulmonary function tests to a high standard for commercial Phase I-IV clinical trials.
Aspects of the Pulmonary Function Technologist job include:
- Direct or Indirect liaison with sponsor pharmaceutical company or CRO.
- Assisting the Project teams as a subject matter expert in PFT testing.
- Training Monitors and Investigators at Investigator meetings, on site, or providing additional training via the telephone/web.
- Developing online training courses in Pulmonary Function Testing. Expert review of clinical trial subject test data, assessing acceptability/repeatability and compliance with latest ATS/ERS guidelines.
- Reviewing new/potential sponsor protocols for the practicability of Pulmonary Function Testing for Investigator use and Vitalograph software development.
- Internal training for Vitalograph personnel in relevant therapeutic areas, Respiratory Physiology, Pulmonary Function Tests and associated equipment.
- Associate’s degree in Respiratory Therapy with the add on of CPFT or RPFT
- Expert understanding and practical experience of Pulmonary Function Testing
- Good understanding of GCP
- Willingness to maintain and update area of expertise
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate/train on Pulmonary Function Equipment
- Clear communication and presentation skills
- Must have a valid Driver’s license
The position will be in our USA headquarters office in Lenexa, Kansas. We will consider other applicants outside the Kansas state area. Salary will be commensurate with experience. The company provides a generous benefits and vacation package.
Review of applications will begin in February 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Please provide a cover letter and resume with your application to:
Clinical Respiratory Physiologist
Full Time Respiratory Therapy InstructorSouth Portland
Southern Maine Community College
RESPONSIBILITIES: SMCC is seeking a full-time faculty person to teach both didactic, medical simulation, and support the clinical education of our students. Duties include teaching 15 credit hours or the equivalent each semester; develop, modify, and assess the effectiveness of curricula; continuous improvement in teaching methodology and student centered learning; stay current in field; advise and maintain scheduled availability to students; participate with other faculty in developing and managing online and face to face courses, curricula and academic policy; participate in department, interdepartmental and college activities; committee work, and college service, particularly activities that will enhance the academic life of the college, and other professional duties related to the position; and contribute to the success of the college.
- Baccalaureate degree in related field. Master’s preferred
- Minimum of 4 years fulltime experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Hold or be eligible for a Maine State license
- Strong, recent critical care experience preferred
START DATE: 8-21-17
BASE SALARY: $50-53,000 (approx. $7,500 additional with extended contract)
BENEFITS: 100% employer paid health, dental and life insurance for employees (spouse/domestic partner/dependent coverage also available), vision insurance, choice between Maine Public Employees Retirement System (MPERS) and TIAA CREF in lieu of social security, sick/personal time allowances, professional development, and free tuition within the MCCS for employee/spouse/dependents.
PROCESS: Review of applications will begin the week of March 13th, 2017. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references HR@smccME.edu.
SMCC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer & Educational Institution
Registered Respiratory Therapist- Full Time, Part Time, and ContingentDetroit
Detroit Medical Center
Join the Experts! The specialty hospitals of the Detroit Medical Center have immediate openings for Registered Respiratory Therapists.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, acts as a professional member of the health care team by providing respiratory therapy services throughout the continuum of care. Provides therapeutic and rehabilitative procedures and diagnostic tests for patients with, or at risk of, abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system. Collaborates with physicians, nurses and other members of the health care team to develop optimal cardiopulmonary care plans for patients. Performs patient assessments, evaluates the appropriateness and effectiveness of therapy, and determines which respiratory care activities can be delegated to other care team members. Instructs employees and students in the principles and practices of designated respiratory care procedures/tasks and evaluates their competence. May function as an in-charge therapist and preceptor, as requested.
- Graduation from an CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. Associates degree in Science, Allied Health or equivalent, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Registration (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- BCLS certification required. ACLS certification preferred.
- Licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan.
To access the postings directly, visit www.dmc.org/Careers.
For further information, please contact Jasmine Howard atmailto:email@example.com
Pulmonary Center ManagerBillings
Full service Respiratory Care department, Sleep Disorders Center, and Hyperbaric Medicine.
Develops objectives, policies, and procedures for department cost centers to formalize and implement the mission, vision, and values of Billings Clinic. Maintains the standards, customer relations, and practice in a designated service line. Accountabilities include: quality of services; short and long range planning to achieve goals and objectives; fiscal control; physician and interdepartmental/intradepartmental relations; personnel management.
- Bachelor’s degree relevant to service area preferred with 2-3 years of experience in service area.
- Demonstrated management/leadership and program management skills related to the above tasks, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Current licensure/certification in the State of Montana and/or Wyoming as appropriate or required for service line.
- CPR certification as appropriate for department and/or service area.
- Current Montana/Wyoming driver’s license and the ability to be insured to operate Billings Clinic vehicles.
- Current RT license
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Please apply on-line at www.billingsclinic.org
FGP (Ambulatory Care) Pulmonary Function TechnicianNew York
NYU Langone Medical Center has an exciting opportunity to join our team as an FGP (Ambulatory Care) Pulmonary Function Technician to ensure and coordinate the delivery of prescribed pulmonary function testing services through direct performance of laboratory studies and supervision of pulmonary function laboratory staff.
- Provide appropriate instruction/education to laboratory staff, patients, family members, nurses, physicians, affiliated students, and other members of the Medical Center community
- Demonstrate proficiency in management of pulmonary function laboratory operations
- Provide leadership, guidance and progressive discipline to assigned staff
- Demonstrate proficiency in patient assessment, clinical aerosol delivery and emergency management procedures related to performance of diagnostic pulmonary function testing
- Demonstrates proficiency in the calibration and operation of laboratory equipment and performance of diagnostic pulmonary function testing
- Demonstrates knowledge of accepted standards, policies, procedures, staff responsibilities and instrumentation related to provision of diagnostic pulmonary function testing
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in Respiratory Care
- NYS respiratory technician licensure
- Certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (CRT), with CPFT specialty credential
- Computer competency, including the ability to work with Microsoft Windows-based pulmonary function software programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For consideration, please apply online at: Here
EOE including Disabled and Vets VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Assistant Professor, Respiratory Care and/or Clinical Exercise PhysiologyCharlotte
The Department of Kinesiology at UNC Charlotte seeks an energetic individual to fill a tenure-track Assistant Professor position.
A doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, MD, DO, etc.) in a discipline related to respiratory care, kinesiology, health science, education, or other health-related field is required. The successful candidate will develop and pursue extramural support for an independent research agenda. S/he will also teach courses within our new M.S. in Respiratory Care distance education program, and potentially teach clinically-oriented courses in other Departmental programs. Clinical experience in the candidate’s discipline is required, as is the ability to obtain North Carolina licensure in the clinical discipline if appropriate. A registered respiratory therapist (RRT) credential is preferred. Either the ACSM Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist Certification (RCEP) or the ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Physiology Certification (CEP) are desired but not required, as are any additional professional certifications (such as NPS, ACCS, RPFT, RPSGT). At least 2 years of teaching experience in an appropriate discipline is preferred, and experience with distance education instruction is desired but not required.
This is a full-time, 9-month tenure-track position starting in August 2017. To learn more about the position, the Department, and its academic programs, go to: http://kinesiology.uncc.edu/.
To apply, go to: https://jobs.uncc.edu. Search for Position # 002595.
Review of applications begins on March 22, 2017 and continues until the position is filled.
As an EOE/AA employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained, UNC Charlotte encourages applications from all underrepresented groups. All finalists are subject to criminal background checks.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/xs7z979m38
Respiratory Therapy Clinical Coordinator/InstructorSylva
Southwestern Community College
Statement of Primary Purpose
The Respiratory Therapy Clinical Coordinator must be responsible for all aspects of the clinical experiences of students enrolled in the program including organization, administration, continuous review and revision, planning for and development of location (with appropriate supervision) for evolving practice skills, and the general effectiveness of the clinical experience.
There must be evidence that sufficient time is devoted to the program by the Clinical Coordinator so that his or her educational and administrative responsibilities can be met.
Essential Functions of Job
- Prepare and teach assigned courses in accordance with course outlines and published course schedule.
- Maintain accurate records for each course taught.
- Prepare, review, and update course outlines on a regular basis.
- Recommend and assist with curriculum revisions as necessary.
- Assist in student recruitment, advising, and retention.
- Participate in curriculum advisory committee meetings, if applicable.
- Assist in selection and ordering of equipment, supplies, and textbooks.
- Participate in college events and activities.
- Attend college commencements.
- Cooperate in scheduled student evaluations of instructor and course.
- Submit all college reports in an accurate timely fashion.
- Be responsible for professional development and maintaining professional competence.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and others.
- Maintain teaching course load in compliance with college and accreditation workload policy
- Serve on college and division committees
- Create and monitor the clinical or CO-OP schedules.
Perform other duties as assigned. As clinical coordinator, serve as liaison between Southwestern Community College and the clinical education sites and be responsible for the establishment of clinical sites and clinical faculty standards under the direction of the program director. Plan, coordinate, facilitate, administer and monitor activities on behalf of the academic program and in coordination with academic and clinical facility.
Education: Baccalaureate degree from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education is required.
Knowledge and Skills: Minimum of four years of experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist and two years of clinical respiratory care. Two years teaching experience at the community college level preferred.
Physical Demands: Walking, lifting, utilizing medical equipment.
Licensing Requirement: The Clinical Coordinator must:
- Hold a valid RRT credential and current state license;
- Have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist with at least two (2) years’ in clinical respiratory care;
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience teaching in an accredited respiratory care program either an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
Working Conditions: Typical campus environment. Must have the ability to lead instructor-led courses on campus and travel to clinic sites.
To apply: Visit our website at www.southwesterncc.edu and Click on Contact Us and Employment. Or contact Lisa Sizemore at 1-800-447-4091 ext. 4280.
Clinical Assistant/ Associate Professor, Respiratory TherapyCharlotte
The UNC Charlotte Department of Kinesiology seeks an energetic individual at the rank of Clinical Assistant or Associate Professor.
Requirements: A doctoral degree (MD, DO, PhD, etc.) in a discipline related to respiratory therapy, health science, education, or other health related field is preferred, but a master’s degree in one of these fields is acceptable. Either an RRT or physician (MD/DO) credential is required, along with clinical experience as either an RRT or physician. The successful candidate will teach within the B.S. in Respiratory Therapy (BSRT) distance education program and in the new M.S. in Respiratory Care (MSRC) distance education program. Teaching experience in clinical respiratory care, research, management, education, or subject area directly related to the degree conferred at the undergraduate level or in an RT associate degree program is required. Additional professional certifications (such as NPS, ACCS, RPFT, RPSGT) are desired but not required.
This is a nine-month position starting August 2017. To learn more about the position and the Department, the BSRT Program, and the MSRC Program, go to: http://kinesiology.uncc.edu/.
To apply go to: https://jobs.uncc.edu. Search for Position # 002589.
Review of applications will begin on January 23, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
As an EOE/AA employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte encourages applications from all underrepresented groups. All finalists are subject to criminal background checks.
Registered Respiratory Therapists – Float Pool (Full-time; Part-time; PRN)Cleveland
Year after year, Cleveland Clinic is ranked among the nation’s top hospitals by U.S.News & World Report. And recently, the Ethisphere Institute named us one of the Top 10 Most Ethical Companies in the World. That’s why people from across the country and around the globe come here for care. As leaders in basic and clinical research, we offer exceptional career opportunities, as well as access to cutting-edge technology and innovative medical ideas. Now, you have the chance to become part of our extraordinary team.
As a Respiratory Therapist in our growing float pool, you’ll work at multiple locations throughout the Cleveland area, providing respiratory care services to geriatric, adult and pediatric patients in a variety of inpatient settings. Float RT’s enjoy the variety of experiences, such as the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people, and utilize additional competencies allowing them to work at top of license.
- Degree from an accredited respiratory therapy program
- License to practice as a Respiratory Care Professional in the state of Ohio
- RRT certification by the NBRC
- BLS, ACLS
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Prior experience in critical care and the performance of invasive procedures
External new hires will receive a $2,500 sign-on bonus!
Click here to learn more and apply.
Cleveland Clinic strives to reward dedication with an integrated and comprehensive benefits program that meets the needs of a diverse workforce and provides meaningful choices. Along with pension/savings plans, wellness programs and medical/dental/vision coverage, we offer flexible spending plans, life insurance and disability plans, paid time off, a tuition assistance program, and reimbursement for professional certification.
EEO Statement: Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Registered Respiratory TherapistAllentown
Lehigh Valley Health Network
Be part of inspiring passion. At Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), the deep connection we have with our patients and with each other is undeniable. In fact, we rely upon each other’s strengths and passion to deliver exceptional patient satisfaction and high quality service each and every day. Lehigh Valley Hospital has ranked among U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospitals” for 20 consecutive years. LVHN is also a Magnet(tm) Hospital and Lehigh Valley Hospital received an “A” grade in The Leapfrog Group’s Spring 2014 Hospital Safety Score, the highest grade in patient safety. These recognitions highlight LVHN’s commitment to teamwork, compassion, and technology.
Our people make Lehigh Valley Health Network a great place to work. Join us in applying for our Registered Respiratory Therapist position in the Respiratory Care Services department. Lehigh Valley Health Network has multiple RRT positions in our growing Respiratory Care Services division.
Benefits and Incentives:
- Relocation assistance
- Comprehensive health care packages
- Robust tuition reimbursement
- Competitive shift differentials of 8% (evenings) and 10% (nights)
- Flexible scheduling options
- Specialty training and more…
Performs patient care assessments and appropriate education as required. Must possess the ability to creatively problem solve, work within a self-directed team, work independently with minimal supervision and use critical thinking skills to make sound decisions. Excellent communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals as required.
- Graduate from a Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) accredited School of Respiratory Therapy required.
- One year of appropriate respiratory care experience in an acute care facility within the past two years.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credentialing by the National Board for Respiratory Care required. NEW GRADUATES may apply if taking the RRT National Boards within the next 2 months. RRT required before start date.
- Basic computer skills.
- Pediatric NICU PICU experience preferred
- Children’s Hospital/Pediatric experience preferred
Licensure and Certifications:
- Current Pennsylvania Licensure as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credentialing by the National Board for Respiratory Care required.
- Current BLS Health Care Provider within 1 month of employment.
- ACLS/PALS within 9 months of employment.
- All pediatric/neonatal practitioners need to obtain their STABLE and NRP within 9 months of employment.
Influenza vaccination is required for all colleagues with patient contact unless medically contraindicated or due to a bona fide religious belief or practice, and is strongly encouraged for all colleagues.
For more information and to apply go to: https://jobs.lvhn.org/search-jobs/Respiratory/678/1
Lehigh Valley Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Lehigh Valley Health Network will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.
Respiratory Care PractitionerDallas
Imagine yourself working in a place where science and miracles intersect every day, a place whose hallmarks are advanced technology and human compassion, and where big opportunities to make a difference come in the form of some of the smallest patients.
What is this place?
Children’s Health Dallas. We invite you to explore the opportunity available for the role of Respiratory Care Practitioner.
The RCP performs respiratory care to our medically complex patients, assures the delivery of developmentally appropriate care, and works effectively with members of the health care team, including the family in the provision of care to patients. The Respiratory Care Practitioner is an integral part of the healthcare team with opportunities to provide core staffing in NICU, PICU, Trauma ICU, CVICU, ED, and Acute Care Services. Our practitioners also have opportunities to move into other clinical, administrative, and leadership roles within the Children’s Health System as well.
*Two year Associate’s degree or equivalent experience required
*RRT through the National Board of Respiratory care (NBRC)
*CPR/BLS*Candidate must have Texas licensure or be able to obtain Texas licensure
*Minimum of 3 years of job experience
Dallas is the fourth largest municipality in the nation; it is also the least densely populated major metropolitan area in the world. Residents enjoy a flourishing economy, cultural arts, endless entertainment and activities and a thriving community spirit. With low housing prices and no state income tax, Dallas is the place to live.
To apply: www.childrens.com/careers
Job # 50242
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) – Pulmonary RehabilitationCharlottesville
University of Virginia Health System
UVA Health System invites candidates to apply for a full-time Registered Respiratory Therapist position based in our multidisciplinary Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program. The selected candidate will assist with the education, exercise and self-care training of patients with chronic disease. This position will be day shift (8 hrs/day), M-F with weekends and holidays off, and report to the Pulmonary Function Center Supervisor.
- RRT credential with 2 years in-patient experience
- Virginia License
- Bachelor’s degree
- ACLS certification
- Pulmonary disease educator experience
About UVA Health System
The UVA Health System is a 600 bed, Academic Medical Center and Children’s Hospital. At UVA Health System, the patient is at the center of everything we do. Your clinical practice will grow through emerging technology and expanding clinical practice. Mentors and colleagues foster a culture of trust, respect, engagement and professional growth. UVA is set in the charming, active city of Charlottesville in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Central Virginia.
Want to Know More! Apply!
Respiratory TherapistsNewport News
Riverside Health System has exciting opportunities for Full time and Part Time Respiratory Therapists at Riverside Regional Medical Center
The Respiratory Care Department at Riverside Regional Medical Center is seeking experienced as well as new graduate Respiratory Therapists. Riverside Regional Medical Center is located in Newport News, Virginia, where the climate is moderate and the cost of living is reasonable. The Medical Center is a modern 450 bed acute center with outpatient services located on campus. We are a designated Level II Trauma Center, a Primary Stroke Center, and a Certified Chest Pain Center. Additionally, Respiratory Therapist s are the foundation for an evidence based COPD management program. Respiratory Care at Riverside Regional Medical Center is evidence based and protocol driven, facilitating autonomy and an interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Respiratory Therapists maintain ACLS Certification and Advanced Airway Management competencies. We are primary team members in emergent situations to include Code Blue and Rapid Response events, with primary responsibility for airway management.
Practicing at the top of your professional skill set, utilizing the full breadth of skills gained in your program, opportunity to further refine and develop advanced skills in our Level II trauma center, cardiac surgery units, neurosurgery patients, and neonatal intensive care. Working alongside surgical and medical intensivists to best meet the needs of our patients using the fullest extent of the technology available. Our therapists have the opportunity to use a wide range of treatment modalities that include nitric oxide, complex modes of ventilation, etc. , to assist with procedures such as bronchoscopy and percutaneous tracheostomy, and to drive patient outcomes through early mobility and weaning.
Licensure and Certification: Must be licensed by the state of Virginia as a Respiratory Care Practitioner. RRT required. BLS Certification required. ACLS required within 1 year of employment. PALS preferred.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent required (will accept Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Respiratory Care).
Experience: Previous respiratory care experience of one year preferred. Must be able to read and comprehend, manipulate numbers, basic computer use and interpret data. Comprehensive knowledge of respiratory process and protocols.
Hours: Rotating Shifts; Full Time and Part Time positions available.
To be considered for this opportunity interested candidates must submit an application on our website: http://www.riversideonline.com/careers/
Riverside Health System offers a competitive salary, compensation package and benefits to include: tuition reimbursement, Health, Dental, Retirement, Life Insurance and much more!!
Respiratory Therapist NCWenatchee
Confluence Health is growing
We have full time and pool positions available
Confluence Health is seeking a Respiratory Therapist NC who provides care to patients as assigned by supervisors and given on the physician’s written order for both inpatient and outpatient care.
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of respiratory care.
- Must be registered by NBRC.
- Current certifications in BLS for Healthcare Providers
- ACLS and NRP within 6 months of hire date
- PALS within 12 months of hire date
- Must possess current Washington State license
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.
- Registered Therapists only
- One year critical care experience.
- Flight experience
- Previous CNA/LPN experience
- Experience drawing labs and assessing patients in Urgent Care
- Must be team oriented
Who We Are:
Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology—to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level.
We are dedicated to improving our patients’ health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner.
To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here
For more information about Confluence Health visit our website at www.confluencehealth.org/careers. If you’d like to speak with a Recruiter directly, please email us at Katherine.Churh@confluencehealth.org.
UW Hospitals and Clinics
(Continuous Opening) – $2000 Sign On Bonus Eligible
Join our team and be part of the talent that makes UW Health the best work and academic environments.
The Respiratory Therapist provides treatment and diagnostic respiratory services with patients and families in all clinical areas of UWHC, AFCH and TAC including intensive care units, emergency department, general care, perioperative, procedure areas, and others as required. This position requires clinical assessment skills and the ability to make appropriate clinical decisions and modify care according to clinical protocols. This position requires superb communication skills and the ability to work with the inter-disciplinary team to ensure high quality patient care. The Respiratory Therapist acts as resource to physicians and health care professionals ensuring orders are concurrent with policies and procedures. This position may function as a “Charge Therapist” with responsibility for ensuring adequate number of respiratory care staff to cover the patient care areas.
This position may assist with writing departmental policies and procedures, development of protocols, orientation and education and training for respiratory care staff, students and health care professionals.
This posting represents all available Respiratory Therapist openings with UW Hospital and Clinics. There are many positions available in a variety of different specialities/areas.
UW Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
This position is eligible for a $2000 sign-on bonus, pro-rated by FTE.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Graduate of a COARC accredited School for Respiratory Therapy.
- Recent respiratory therapist experience preferred.
- Licensed as a RCP in the State of Wisconsin.
- CPR Certified.
- RRT Credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care within 6 months of hire.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification required for any AFCH RT position within 6 months of hire.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively educate others.
- Ability to perform advanced Respiratory Therapy procedures independently and have good problem solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of home respiratory equipment.
- Knowledge of RAD guidelines and Medicare regulations.
- Knowledge of current disease management guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and be effective in time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with a variety of professionals and home care companies.
- Ability to display leadership and professionalism while in the workforce.
- Interprets selective laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team and external customers.
To apply: uwhealth.net