Respiratory Therapist Jobs
The AARC Job Board is your best resource for respiratory therapist jobs and qualified candidates within the respiratory care industry. AARC boosts over 45,000 members and provides access to non-members to see the hottest jobs in the respiratory care market. New postings are also published in the bimonthly electronic newsletter, AARCareer News, that gets distributed every other Monday. If you would like to subscribe to receive a complimentary subscription to AARCareer News, sign-up here.
Pulmonary Rehab Respiratory TherapistMountain View and Los Gatos
El Camino Hospital, a non-profit organization with hospital campuses in Mountain View and Los Gatos, California, has been serving communities in the south San Francisco Bay Area for nearly 50 years. We have maintained our preferred workplace status by blending a culture of innovation, continuous advancement and cutting-edge technology with high-quality patient care. We are currently seeking a F/T Pulmonary Rehab Respiratory Therapist to join our team.
The successful candidate will support all segments of the Pulmonary Rehab Program under the supervision of the Manager and Medical Director. Responsibilities include patient intakes which include determining diagnosis criteria and insurance coding that meets insurance requirements; patient assessment and orientation; developing a comprehensive Individualized Treatment Plan (ITP); and psychosocial support for both patient and family. Other duties include leading group exercises, giving educational lectures and performing non-invasive diagnostic testing (6MWT, spirometry and physical performance testing). The successful candidate will also use strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with all members of the health care team to promote best practice for optimum patient care.
- AS degree in Respiratory Care from an approved Respiratory Care program that is accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
- Bachelor’s of Science preferred
- Minimum three years of inpatient experience in an acute care hospital and one year of ED and/or ICU experience
- Experience in Pulmonary Rehab preferred
- Knowledge of the pathophysiology and treatment of chronic lung diseases
- Experience in exercise training and education preferred
- Experience in pulmonary function testing and interpretation preferred
- Current California Respiratory License
- Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT) or Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist (RPFT) preferred
- Current certifications in BLS and ACLS
If you’re looking for an enriching and professionally supportive environment, apply online at http://www.elcaminohospital.org and refer to requisition # 70303.
District of Columbia
Director of Respiratory Care, Full Time, Days Washington
With a 609-licensed-bed hospital, 1100 physicians and 4500 employees, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is one of the largest healthcare delivery networks in the Washington, D.C., area.
The Director of Respiratory Care is a leader w/administrative responsibility/accountability for the management/direction of the operational, associate and financial activities of the Respiratory Care Department.
- Bachelor’s degree program in respiratory care; Master’s degree preferred.
- Registry from NBRC.
- Licensed in D.C. as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (or eligible to obtain upon hire).
- 5 years of clinical experience in respiratory care in an acute care facility to include a strong background in all areas of critical care.
- 3 years of supervisory/administrative experience w/thorough knowledge of billing systems in a respiratory care setting.
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated and able to function independently while balancing clinical and administrative responsibilities.
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits
- Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance
- Wellness programs
- Free shuttle from Metro stations
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Associates live by Our Common Purpose: We Create Caring Moments in the Spirit of Cura Personalis – Care for the Whole Person. Our Quality Standards of Safety, Compassion, Professionalism, and Coordinated Care set the priorities for consistent decision making applicable to everyone in every situation.
For more information and to Express Your Interest in less than 60 seconds, visit http://www.medstargeorgetown.jobs/jobs/165082
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/4mj8zrzv9s8jfm5m
Registered Respiratory TherapistsBrandon
Brandon Regional Hospital is seeking Registered Respiratory Therapists to join their growing team. We are a 407-bed acute care facility located just south of Tampa that has served the community of Brandon for more than 30 years. Our institution has been named a Top 100 Hospital in America five times, and our Intensive Care Unit has been named a Top 100 ICU. Families trust us to meet their needs, knowing that they have access to these Centers of Excellence: Chest Pain Center, Heart & Vascular Institute, Spine Care Center, Advanced Primary Stroke Center, Cancer Care, Women’s & Children’s Center and more. Join our friendly community hospital with its close-knit staff of caring professionals and discover how we care.
Position Summary: The Registered Respiratory Therapist will perform all respiratory care related duties. This includes administering both routine and complex respiratory therapy procedures to patients of all ages. The RRT is also responsible for the application and operation of acute care ventilators used for continuous short and long-term mechanical ventilation.
- Current FL Registered Respiratory Therapist license required
- AHA Basic Life Support certification required
- ACLS, PALS & NRP certification required within 6 months of hire
- Graduate from CoARC accredited Respiratory Care program required
To learn more & apply, please visit hcahealthcare.com/careers and search by job #01384-12412
For questions, please contact Mashell Hester at Mashell.Hester@hcahealthcare.com
- 40 Hrs/Wk; 80 Hrs/Pay
The Manager Respiratory-Sleep is in charge of multi-medical center operations. Responsible for daily, short term and long term decision making involved in operating departments which includes: quality assurance monitoring, purchasing, budgeting, personnel management, inventory control, development of new programs, achieving and maintaining high employee and patient satisfaction scores. Has responsibility for building high quality relationships with providers, hospital staff, vendors and members of the community. This position covers locations in Clare, Gratiot and Mt. Pleasant Medical Centers.
To apply visit: www.midmichigan.org/careers Job ID 6503
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth (CHaD) are seeking a BE/BC Pediatric Pulmonologist for its pediatric pulmonary program. The candidate will be joining the CHaD pulmonary section and its multidisciplinary clinical team that serves the state of New Hampshire and adjacent eastern Vermont for pediatric pulmonary diseases. The candidate will be based in Manchester, NH, but will also be expected to spend some of the time at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH. Both campuses have a busy and challenging practice. The New Hampshire Cystic Fibrosis Center is based at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH and has clinics in both Lebanon and Manchester, NH. The preferred candidate will have a strong background in clinical pulmonology with interest in teaching and clinical research. The position includes an academic appointment to the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth at a level commensurate with the candidate’s experience and also offers opportunities for collaboration with a strong basic and translational cystic fibrosis research team, and participation with clinical trials in cystic fibrosis and asthma.
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock health system provides a rare opportunity to combine a high level of practice with a serene and stress-free living environment. Our system stretches over New Hampshire and Vermont and offers the quintessential New England experience. With no income or sales tax, this is a significant benefit given the 2018 tax changes and allows residents of our state to do much more with their income. This beautiful area combines history, industry and business and has been ranked consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work. With destinations like Boston, New York, the seacoast and ski country within driving distance, the opportunities – both career and personal – truly make New Hampshire the ideal place to work and play.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online with CV and
cover letter on our Provider Career site:
CV and cover letter should be addressed to:
Connor Rockwell – Physician Recruiter | Talent Acquisition
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associate Director and Pediatric ManagerNew York
Mount Sinai Hospital Respiratory Care Services is searching for the following positions to join our highly performing team:
- Associate Director
- Pediatric Manager
The Associate Director of Respiratory Care Services will join a dynamic department that values teamwork, patient satisfaction, and staff development. Will oversee a team comprised of Pediatric and Adult Managers, Education Coordinator, and Technician Manager, as well as, a large staff of skilled Respiratory Therapists. Will report directly to the Director of Respiratory Care Services.
The Pediatric Manager, in conjunction with two other Pediatric Managers, will oversee a dedicated team of highly skilled neonatal and pediatric Respiratory Therapists in our NICU, PICU, PCICU, Transport, and general care areas. ECMO experience preferred.
Both candidates will have demonstrated progressive leadership experience in a large tertiary care acute hospital setting. In addition, candidates will display exceptional interpersonal and communication skill, as well as, organizational and critical thinking skill which play a pivotal role in collaborating with the hospital staff and leadership partners.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
To apply please visit: https://careers.mountsinai.org/jobs/180000CH?lang=en-us
Pulmonary TechnologistEast Meadow
East Meadow, Long Island NY. With a strong commitment to raising the bar for healthcare in our community, Nassau University Medical Center is a Level I Trauma Center and a 530-bed teaching hospital affiliated with Northwell Health (North Shore/LIJ) and Stony Brook University.
We currently seek a full time Pulmonary Technologist to direct technicians in performing measurements on patients, using technical equipment; perform pulmonary function tests and related duties. Under supervision of a physician, you will train, schedule, and supervise technicians in performing and interpreting various pulmonary measurements for application in clinical diagnosis and medical research; and perform and interpret such measurements.
Specifically, you will:
- Perform pulmonary function tests such as spinometry, diffusion, lung volume, methacholine challenge, exercise studies, plethysmography, mask fit, arterial blood gas sampling and 6-minute walk test
- Direct the testing and managing of patients by subordinate personnel
- Inspect equipment to ensure proper operating and calibration levels
- Maintain up-to-date protocols of various pulmonary function tests and procedures under the guidance of a physician in charge
- Train/supervise technicians
- Six years of satisfactory experience in pulmonary technology
- Certification as a Pulmonary Function Technologist by the National Board for Respiratory Care
Must possess considerable knowledge of human physiology; bio-chemical laboratory techniques; and fundamental mathematics. Must also have skill in use of complex mechanical and electronic laboratory equipment. Email a resume to email@example.com. An EOE.
Respiratory Therapist – RegisteredCincinnati
Mercy Health is a mission-driven organization committed to making every patient’s life better — mind, body and spirit. Delivering high quality patient care is central to our Mission and to our ministry.
As the largest health system in Ohio and one of the largest nonprofit healthcare ministries in the United States, we never stop trying to do an even better job of caring for those we serve. Working at Mercy Health means you are making a difference in your community every day. Each of us has the ability to impact patient care, either directly or indirectly. Mercy Health offers a wide variety of opportunities across Ohio and Kentucky. Explore your passion in our faith-based ministry.
The Registered Respiratory Care Therapist delivers critical and non-critical patient care services to all age groups using selected invasive and noninvasive techniques related to the cardiopulmonary system. Provides respiratory care in critical care areas as needed. Acts as a resource individual for other members of the Respiratory Care department, nursing, ancillary staff, and residents. Provides expert care utilizing intuitive reasoning skills and experience. Demonstrates a high level of commitment and professionalism.
- Responds quickly and effectively in highly complex, rapidly changing, and/or unfamiliar situations. Performs invasive and noninvasive diagnostic procedures. Responsible for providing critical care to patients.
- Correctly completes, records, and accurately captures charges in the patient medical record (Electronic Medical Record).
- Educates patients on their disease state, wellness, home care modalities, safety, smoking cessation, mobility assist, and medication information.
- Participates on multi-disciplinary teams regarding cardiopulmonary status. Applies technical knowledge to consult with physicians with regard to cardiopulmonary status.
- Maintains current knowledge of hospital policies and procedures, computer based training (CBT) modules, The Joint Commission (TJC) and other regulatory agency’s standards, and competent practice of Respiratory Care as adopted by the Ohio Respiratory Care Board.
- Demonstrates awareness of budgetary processes, productivity demands, and proper use of equipment, materials, supplies, time, workload and financial resources.
- Demonstrates knowledge of performance improvement goals, monitors projects including data gathering measures, involved in process test of change for improvements, and follows up with department staff.
- Associate’s Degree in Respiratory Therapy, required
- Current license to practice respiratory care issued by the Ohio Board of Respiratory Care, required
- Basic Life Supports (BLS), required
- ACLS, PALS, NRP, preferred
- Active AARC member, preferred
- Competitive Wages
- Full and Part Time Medical Benefits
- Full and Part Time Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403b Savings Plan
- Company paid Basic Life insurance
- RISEN Spiritual Renewal Retreat
- Mercy Healthplex Memberships (also discounts at local fitness centers)
- Mercy Health has 5 Acute Care Hospitals, 1 Long-Term Care Facility, and 4 Emergency Centers all located in the Greater Cincinnati area.
To apply: www.mercy.com/careers enter Job ID 4662768
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Arlington, Plano and other DFW locations
Medical City Healthcare has exciting opportunities for Respiratory Therapy professionals in North Texas!
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region’s largest, most comprehensive healthcare providers. As an integral part of a larger, Fortune 100 company (Hospital Corporation of America/HCA), we are America’s top-performing healthcare system, leading every other hospital company in core patient measures of quality and value. We achieved these measures in part by hiring the best and brightest people and providing them with clinical variety, educational resources, the latest tools and technology and a collaborative culture that helps them succeed.
Medical City’s Respiratory Therapy opportunities offer the chance to work with top-rated AACVPR-certified programs treating diverse patient cases from NICU/PICU through Adult Critical Care and outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation. Practice sites among our 13 Medical City Hospitals include multiple schedule options to fit your lifestyle.
Sign-on and relocation bonuses available for qualified applicants, and select opportunities may be able to train outstanding new graduates.
Learn more about our opportunities and apply directly at: https://medicalcityhealthcare.com/careers/
Senior Clinical Specialist for the LifePulse® HFJVSalt Lake City
Bunnell Inc., a leading manufacturer of high-frequency ventilators for infants is hiring a Senior Clinical Specialist. The Senior Clinical Specialist will hold a leadership position with Bunnell and help direct the Company’s mission: We Save Babies.
This amazing person will lead the proliferation of HFJV through networking, education, and prospecting.
- The ideal candidate must have comprehensive knowledge as a respiratory therapist with experience in high-frequency ventilation, particularly HFJV.
- Value will be placed on sales and management experience in healthcare or related industry.
- Premium qualities include an industry-wide reputation, with credibility and prominence in respiratory therapy and/or neonatology.
Responsibilities include corporate growth through recruiting new facilities, helping define and maintain consistent clinical education, and ensuring effective in-service training and outreach programs. The SCS will integrate with R&D, Sales and Marketing, and Regulatory, at the highest levels. SCS will also help define and support HFJV research from conception through publication.
Employee will be based in Salt Lake City, Utah and candidate must be able to travel frequently.
- College degree and RRT credential, with current state license. Prefer Neonatal Pediatric Specialty “NPS” credential.
- Experience using the Life Pulse HFJV
- Excellent Network, with effective interpersonal and presentation skills
- Technical ability and experience in producing videos, graphics, animation, and other publication materials
- Three years of medical sales experience
- Experience in educating clinical staff
- Organizational skills including record keeping and attention to detail, Troubleshooting and problem solving skills, Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Interest in a long-term company commitment
Bunnell Inc. offers incredible benefits:
- Competitive Compensation, with Employee Stock Contributions – Bunnell is an ESOP
- 401K with company matching contributions up to 4%
- Profit Sharing
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance (2 x annual salary)
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Vacation and PTO
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Respiratory Therapist NC Wenatchee
Confluence Health in Wenatchee, WA is growing!
**Offering a $2,500 sign on bonus for the full time Respiratory Therapist position at our Wenatchee Valley Hospital location.**
Confluence Health is seeking a Respiratory Therapist NC to provide care to patients as assigned by supervisors and given on the physician’s written order for both in patient and out patient care.
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of respiratory care.
- Must be registered by NBRC.
- Current certifications in BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- ACLS and NRP within 6 months of hire date.
- PALS within 12 months of hire date.
- Must possess current Washington State license.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.
- One year experience.
Who We Are:
Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology—to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level.
We are dedicated to improving our patients’ health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner.
To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.
For a full job description and to apply on-line, go to
https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/confluencehealth/#/job/6 . For more information about Confluence Health visit our website at https://www.confluencehealth.org/career-opportunities/ . If you’d like to speak with a Recruiter directly, please email us at Chrysta.Gard@confluencehealth.org .
Full time – 3
At Beloit Health System, you’ll find the facilities and medical technology of a large medical center, coupled with the warmth and personal service of a community health system. We’re known for our friendly atmosphere and focus on patients – and for the exceptional career opportunities we offer.
- In-house pulmonary rehab program
- Arterial Blood Gas Lab
- Home Care Contracts
- Pulmonary Function Lab
- Routine and Critical Care
Candidates must be graduates of a CoARC-approved program for Respiratory Therapy and be able to perform all respiratory therapy modalities, including management of patients on life support, and blood gas collection and analysis. Current RRT credentials (or eligible and obtained within 1 year of hire) and Wisconsin license required.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package, including health and dental, vacation, retirement plan, employer-matched TSA and much more. Interested candidates should apply on line or send/fax/e-mail resume and salary history to:
Beloit Memorial Hospital
1969 West Hart Road, Beloit, WI 53511
Per Diem Positions also Available
Equal opportunity employer