Become a Respiratory Therapist
You have been thinking a lot lately about what you are going to do with the rest of your life. And as you considered various careers, health care has sounded like a good choice.
And why not become a respiratory therapist?
The demand for respiratory therapists has never been higher, so job stability is excellent. Continued growth in biomedical technology ensures the field will never get boring. And the opportunity to really help people and make a lasting and meaningful difference in the lives of others means you’ll get much more out of your career than just a paycheck.
But with all the health care professions out there, how can you know which one is right for you? It’s not an easy decision, but if you agree with the following statements, you might discover respiratory therapy is exactly what you’ve been looking for:
- I really enjoy helping people out in their time of need.
- I like working with technology and I’m good in math and science.
- I would rather work in a profession where there’s a lot of variety in the job.
- I want to be able to choose what type of place I work in, and the type of patients I work with.
- I’m looking for a career with multiple opportunities for advancement—not just one.
I’m looking for a career with multiple opportunities for advancement—not just one. If this sounds like you, our profession could be a great fit.