Diagnosing lung and breathing disorders and recommending treatment methods.
- Interviewing patients and
doing chest physical exams to determine what kind of therapy is best
for their condition.
- Consulting with physicians to recommend a change in therapy, based on your evaluation of the patient.
- Analyzing breath, tissue, and blood specimens to determine levels of oxygen and other gases.
- Managing ventilators and artificial airway devices for patients who can’t breathe normally on their own.
- Responding to Code Blue or other urgent calls for care.
- Educating patients and families about lung disease so they can maximize their recovery.
Take a closer look at where RTs work…