- How do we apply?
Download and review the ASME Program Certification Standards in detail to determine whether your program can meet the standards.
If you believe your program meets these standards, download the Application for ASME Certification. Entries on the application form and the required appendices must be typed. Additional documents should be scanned into .PDF files and submitted as attachments. Email the completed application and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you think your program cannot meet all the standards at the present time, then you should not apply until you believe that you are substantially in compliance with all of them.
- How is payment handled?
- Payment is due at the time the application is submitted. Payment can be made by check or credit card (Visa, MasterCard and American Express). Purchase orders are not accepted.
- What can we expect after submitting the application?
All applications will be acknowledged by email no later than 2 business days following receipt.
Within 2 weeks, you will receive a confirmation indicating that either the application is complete or that some application information is missing. If information is missing, it must be provided within 30 days. Otherwise, the application fee less $75 will be returned and the application file will be closed.
After all information is received, a reviewer will be assigned. This reviewer serves as your primary contact until a certification decision is determined. Generally, the reviewer makes a final certification recommendation to AARC within 30 days after receiving all the information required.
You will receive notification of certification or denial from the AARC.
- What happens when our program receives certification?
- You will receive a printed certificate verifying that your program is certified and the date your certification will expire. You may then market your program as certified by the AARC ASME Program.
- How long is the certification valid?
- Programs are certified for a full 3 years from the date that the initial or continuing certification is granted, provided that the program remains in compliance with the standards during those three years.
- Is anything else required during the 3-year certification period?
Annually you will be asked to report any changes in program personnel or operations to the AARC. These changes are reviewed to determine whether the program remains in compliance.
If the program remains in compliance with the standards, no further action is necessary.
If the program is no longer in compliance with the standards and the situation cannot be rectified within 60 days, then certification is withdrawn.
- What if the program is denied certification?
- Should the program fail to demonstrate an ability to comply with the ASME program standards, it will not be certified. Areas of non-compliance with the standards will be reviewed and suggestions will be made for remediation. Certification fees will not be refunded to programs that cannot demonstrate compliance with the ASME standards. Programs that have been denied certification may appeal this decision to the AARC.
- Who do we contact with additional questions about the ASME?
- Please send an email to email@example.com or call Shawna Strickland at the AARC (972-243-2272).