How to Do a PSA Campaign at the Local Level
- Identify names and phone numbers for TV/Radio stations and newspapers in your area.
- Call the stations and ask for a meeting with the station's Public Service Director, Programming Manager or General Manager to show them the PSA and explain the impact of asthma in the local area.
- Secure a commitment from the TV, radio, or newspapers to run these PSAs as often as possible during the next year.
- Offer yourself or organization as a local contact for asthma and suggest partnering with the station to do a special news series about asthma.
- When a station in your area uses the PSAs please THANK them with a call or note.
- Ways to order PSAs from TV access.
- Call: 1-800-944-9134 or Fax order to: 1-866-790-3348
- Mail back Postcard Order Form
- Online: http://www.TVACCESS.com -- Logon: EPA/Password: Asthma
Childhood Asthma "GoldFish" Campaign
Key Information for Partners and Media
February 16, 2001 -- TV Satellite Distribution
February 19-28, 2001 -- On-going mail distribution for all media
While children describe in their own words what it feels like to have an asthma attack, the struggle for air during an attack is depicted by the metaphor of a fish out of water. The call to action is 1-866-NOATTACKS.
To increase awareness that serious asthma attacks can be prevented and to motivate parents to learn more about managing their home's indoor environment to help reduce attacks in children.
Parents and caregivers of children with asthma
U.S. Environmental protection Agency and the Advertising Council