AARC Mission Statement
The American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) will continue to be the leading national and international professional association for respiratory care.
AARC Vision Statement
The AARC will encourage and promote professional excellence, advance the science and practice of respiratory care, and serve as an advocate for patients, their families, the public, the profession and the respiratory therapist.
AARC Horizon Goals (2019–2020)
- Advocacy: Respiratory care provided by respiratory therapists is recognized and supported in all health care settings.
- Communications/marketing: AARC consistently delivers the right message, to the right audience, at the right time, through the right channel.
- Education/professional development: AARC offers engaging, valuable professional education that advances the professional practice of respiratory therapy and supports advancement of the profession.
- Events/Meetings: The AARC is recognized as the #1 provider of engaging, high-quality world-class educational and research conferences that attract respiratory therapists and inter-professional audiences.
- Membership: AARC has an engaged, diverse membership comprised of the majority of practicing respiratory therapists.
- Revenue and finance: The AARC produces ample revenues from diverse sources, which are managed to the highest standards.
Revised: July 2014; Sept. 2014; Feb. 2017; Dec. 2018
Approved: Dec. 7, 2018